Minuteman Press Falkirk Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are those of Minuteman Press Falkirk hereinafter referred to as MMP.
1. Quotations:- these are based on the customer brief and are valid for 30 days only. Any change to the brief or specification shall be subject to additional charges should further cost be incurred by MMP.
2. VAT:- MMP reserves the right to charge Value Added Tax as appropriate whether or not included specifically in the quotation.
3. Preliminary Work:- all work carried out at the customer’s request shall be charged whether experimental or otherwise.
4. Proofs:- a maximum of 2 proofs may be produced if required but further amendments will incur additional charges. Proof copies of all work may be submitted for customer approval and MMP shall incur NO LIABILITY for any errors not corrected by the customer in such proofs. Customer alterations and additions will incur further charges. When layout is left to MMP’s discretion any changes made by the customer thereafter will incur further charges. Printing will not commence until proofs have been formally signed off by the customer.
5. Copyright:- the customer shall be solely responsible for obtaining all necessary authority to reproduce pictures, artwork, photographs, maps, literature etc. and will indemnify MMP from any claim arising thereof.
6. Company Imprint:- unless otherwise specifically requested in writing all work produced will carry our Company Imprint positioned at our discretion.
7. Delivery and Payment:-
- ownership of all work completed will remain with MMP until paid in full by the customer and cleared by the bank.
- the responsibility for collection and/or delivery of goods lies with the customer. Any carriage arranged is on the customer’s behalf and MMP is not responsible for any delays/losses arising out of that carriage.
- should any work be delayed at the request of, or as a result of, the customer or their agents for a period of more than 14 days, MMP will be entitled to payment for work already carried out or materials specially ordered.
- customer cheques returned to MMP unpaid by the bank will incur a handling charge of £15 per transaction.
8. Completion Dates:- all delivery dates/times are approximate and based only on working days after receipt of (1) the final proof copies and (2) written authority to proceed by the customer. Although every effort will be made to meet such approximate dates MMP cannot, due to the nature of the process, accept any liability or consequential loss claims arising from any such completion date not being met.
9. Variation in Quantity:- although every effort will be made to deliver the correct quantity, estimates are conditional on margins of +/- 5% due to the nature of the process.
10. Claims:- any query regarding the quality of goods supplied should be made to MMP verbally as soon as practicable and no later than 24 hours after the collection/delivery of the goods. This should then be confirmed in writing NO LATER than 5 working days thereafter. Any claim regarding non-delivery must be made in writing within 10 days of the invoice date. No claims falling outwith this timeframe will be accepted.
11. Customer’s Property:- all property supplied to MMP by or on behalf of the customer shall be at the customer’s own risk and such property should be insured accordingly by the customer.
12. Product Suitability:- MMP accepts no responsibility as to the suitability of any printed product. It is the customer’s sole responsibility to ensure this prior to printing.
13. Full Colour Printing:- although every effort will be made to obtain the best colour reproduction feasible on customer’s work the nature of the process dictates that MMP shall not be required to guarantee an exact colour or texture match between the printed result and any proof or existing copy supplied. Proof copies are not colour accurate and are for content checking only.
14. Force Majeure:- MMP will be under no liability if unable to carry out any provision of the contract for any reason beyond its control including, but not limited to, staff illness, act of God, legislation, war, terrorist activity, fire, flood, drought, power failure, mechanical / machinery failure, lock out, strike or other action taken by employees in contemplation of furtherance of a dispute or owing to any liability to procure material required for the performance of the contract. During the continuance of such contingency the customer may by written notice to MMP elect to terminate the contract and pay for work done and material used, but subject thereto shall otherwise accept delivery when available.
15. Terms and Conditions:- these Terms and Conditions are those which any order or contract is based upon and supercede any terms and conditions issued by the customer or their agents prior to or after the placing of any order.
16. Law:- these Terms and Conditions and all other express terms of the contract shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland. These terms are available in printed form on request.